Thursday, February 24, 2011

upcoming March and a new experiment

The Imagination Experiment is almost a year old. I'm thinking of doing another round for this upcoming month of March. In terms of testing imagination, should I repeat the same experiment and hope for different results, or try something new?

I'm trying to teach myself that happenstance is the perfect environment for art making, and that waiting for your planets to align every time you're ready to create will produce boring, repeatable work, in far less frequency. So what could help break someone from always waiting for perfect weather, what about making something everyday for a year? Or, in this case, make something every day for 30 days? Maybe not the same thing everyday, but SOMETHING everyday. It's a way to keep those creative brain waves sharp, and opens your mind to create in a much wider margin.

I think to make this year's experiment most effective, I need to do both, removing distractions, and a goal of creating something daily. I learned removing television and the internet from my life did not make me more productive, I simply found other ways to distract myself. I think pairing up these two ideas will produce more interesting results.

1 comment: