Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2, withdrawal begins....

Now I'm sure it is going to sound petty to be whining about how hard it is to go without television or the internet. But when you're used to doing something for most of your life, hours at a time, it becomes a habit. Habits can be hard to break! I believe it takes something around 21 days to change a habit. And here is day two.

My sleep schedule is still way off. I went to bed late, but in trade for the pleasure of spending time with friends, it was well worth it. Couldn't get my butt out of bed until 30 minutes before I had to be out the door for Craft Club. Got there on time, however, and starting working on prototypes :) Then, I actually went to my algebra class, which was good timing because we started a new chapter today. Sure, I need to go back and learn all that stuff I missed, but at least I get to play catch up on a clean slate. I hate math.

After class I rushed over to work. We were warned that people aren't earning their keep, but I'm not too worried, we try our best. With a new doctor coming soon they're gonna need all the help they can get. I had the very grotesque honor of viewing an unofficial necropsy today. While the circumstances were sad, it was really cool to watch. I got to touch a spleen!

In other news I was corrected over whether or not my pet sitting gig and spring break aligned - it doesn't. This is nice because school is a way for me to stay busy while house sitting, and home is a way for me to stay busy when school isn't available during break. Being stuck at someone else's house for a week without television and internet = no bueno!

Home is where trouble has started to brew in distraction land. My mother has been watching television in the family room since I got home. I catch myself watching bits and pieces before I have to drag myself away and find something else to do. I am way too used to sitting down, clicking on the tube and doing my internet thing in the evening. This will most likely be the hardest time of day to adjust to.

It's fascinating what you end up doing to keep yourself busy though!

No comments:

Post a Comment